With a one year break in between storytimes, I was a little nervous for Monday's family open. It went well, though - fun books, enthusiastic kids. My favorite to read was Jan Thomas's The Doghouse, which I had come across while doing a clean-up the week before, and the kids got into it. Lots of kids wanted to share lots of stories, which meant I did lots of redirecting during and then listening after the storytime, but they were pretty cute about it.
Saturday's storytime opened with a child running in and stopping short with a horrified look on his face. "Oh, no, where's Mr. Andy??" Thanks, kid; I think you're awesome, too. I did a very similar program for the open storytime, minus The Doghouse - Leslie had also tried to read it the week before, but Andy had done it the week before that. Book stealer. It skewed pretty young - mainly two-year-olds with a smattering of three and four year olds. Rory's Three Little Penguins was definitely the hit of the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment