At first, I was reluctant to use Google Reader. I wanted to keep my internet experience fun and casual, and I was afraid that an RSS feed would dilute the joy of random blog discovery. Then I was given responsibility for the graphic novel collection, and I suddenly realized there are 100 million comics blogs. So I made a Reader account and I couldn’t be happier with the results. It makes selecting so easy and efficient for me. That probably won’t be the case for a lot of people in the department (Gennie pointed out that there aren’t a ton of Easy Readers blogs out there), but it sure was a godsend for me. Thanks, tech adventures!
I was a little less impressed with the rest of this unit. While they are probably useful tools, I had trouble finding a reason to use Delicious or Google Alerts/Docs (if you’re curious, I’ve compiled some research findings here). And apparently the comment I left on the teen site was rejected. Probably shouldn’t have cursed so much.
One other thing—I’ve been using Jennifer N.’s facebook wall as my own personal blog—I encourage you to join me.

1 comment:
Grrrrr...
Post a Comment