The Busy Babies were cute as buttons this morning, with a couple of newbies joining us. I read Ehlert's Color Farm, which I'd never tried before. I emphasized that of course we weren't teaching the babies shapes or colors yet but that it'd might be fun to try something new...let's trace these shapes on our babies' backs or bellies! It was run to watch the caregivers try an octagon, and happily, the heart shape was last. Awww.
It was going along swimmingly when I noticed a two-year-old who just seemed...alone. She was sitting on one of the red chairs quietly and was into all the books and rhymes but I couldn't match her up with any of the adults or babies (because at first, of course, I thought was was a big sister to someone). Finally, about ten minutes into the storytime, just before "Row Row Row Your Boat," I put on a big smile and asked which grown-up belonged to her. No one spoke up so I just kept my sing-songy voice on, excused myself to open the door, and called out, "Is anyone missing a little one?" Within seconds one of our security guards and Leslie and a frazzled nanny rushed over. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment