Monday, November 3, 2008

Ground Control

My storytime this Saturday was themed "Race to Space." One of the best things I did was "Two Little Aliens" with these adorable alien hand puppets we have (that Lori pointed out). I managed to read Beegu (Deacon) without crying, which is always a triumph. [It's one of those rare books, though, where I think a bit of supportive/explanatory talking makes it better and more enjoyable for the kids.]

I also read "Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me," which I practically have memorized, and that's always a hit--as long as you introduce it with a short discussion about how the moon changes.

One thing that struck me, though, was how many kids seemed to show up specifically for the "space" theme. And I didn't actually have a ton of spaceman/space travel/planet material, which I think was maybe disappointing to those patrons.

No comments: