While greeting the children I heard one mom tell Marcie that last week was her first time and the storyteller was a man and he was fantastic! Well, that gave me butterflies in my stomach.
I started off with If You're Happy and You Know It from the Wiggleworms CD. I've tried a Hap Palmer song as an opener called So Happy You're Here but the children really seem to like Happy. I then did a little game with colors where I hide a little mouse behind a colored house and call on a child to name a color...Little mouse, little mouse are you in the (red, blue, etc.) house? When someone finally guesses right I then let them come up and hide the mouse. We shared brother and sister stories - If I Had a Dragon, Mail Harry to the Moon, and Big Sister, Little Sister. Mail Harry to the Moon got the most laughs. We then drove our cars to Minneapolis singing Ralph Covert's song Drivin' in my Car. I handed out paper plates as steering wheels and one little boy after storytime was over asked me for his steering wheel.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment