Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks to Mr. Andy

Yes, Andy, you are in another blog today. A number of things that went well today I learned from you when I was a storytime intern. I started off with The Gruffalo by Donaldson, and I wasn't sure if this group would stay with me. They really liked it, even if they didn't really get it. I read the big book From Head to Toe by Eric Carle, which was fun. The kids really enjoyed being each animal, and were super animated (Please don't donkey kick your neighbor!) I also did Hermy the Wormy for the second week in a row, and the kids really had fun with it. They were still singing it during my next book, and I had to tell them that we were done with that song. Thanks to Andy for all these great ideas.

I also did "Driving in My Car" from Ralph's world again, and this is very popular, with some comments of "I like this song!" I was asked about paper plates, but alas I didn't have them, so we had to pretend we had a steering wheel. Oops.

No comments: