Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Ain't Gonna Sing No More No More

Tuesdays One's made me very self-conscious about my terrible singing voice. I tried two new songs, "This is My House" and "Good Morning Mrs. Perky Bird," (from the Mother Goose on the Loose CD) and got very little parent participation, because they weren't quite sure how to follow the melodies I was attempting. I revamped for Wed. and spoke the songs as rhymes and it went much better.

Maybe that's why so many children's songs are sung to familiar tunes like Frere Jacque or Shortnin' Bread, so parents will know how to follow, even when we're not quite on key.

Books used this week included Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? I thought it would be awesome to do Polar Bear Turn Around instead of Teddy Bear Turn Around as a stretcher, but didn't have a polar bear prop to use. Amazingly, one year old Mary shows up with a polar bear and her nanny says it would be fine for me to borrow it. I didn't notice until I was done with the rhyme that Mary was silently sobbing. She never recovered and cried for the next 25 minutes. Bad bad Miss Lori.

2 comments:

Rory said...

No one can cry for 25 minutes. That kid was putting you on.

Mr. Andy said...

Seriously. That child is destined for Hollywood.