Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Babies, 1's and 2's oh my!

I did four storytimes this week. Whew! For babies and 1's, I pretty much used the same program--just added more rhymes for babes and more books for 1's. Toes, Ears, & Nose (Karen Katz's illustrations are perfect for babies!) was a fab lift-the-flap, Penelope the Piglet worked with all 3 ages groups--especially the snuffly pig part (I asked the kids "Where's your snout? And they actually pointed to their noses!), Clip Clop pairs perfectly with the new horse puppet as does Giddy up Let's Ride. I tell the parents they get to be the horsies and that kids can pet their "manes"/hair! The Baby Goes Beep, I Like it When, Peek-a-Pet and Maisy Goes Swimming were perfect with the 1's. Especially Maisy. She always rocks. For the 2's, There Once Was a Puffin and From Head to Toe worked well but the real star was Snowbaby Could Not Sleep. Thanks Lori! I had the kids count paper snowflakes with me during the story and this was a book that calmed everyone down. Kathy Reid Naiman's song, The Ponies are Walking provided some active play to get the wiggles out, and my name game Ball Bounces is a must for babies and 1's.

No comments: