Monday, January 12, 2009

PJ storytime 1/12

I was very excited / a little nervous about doing the winter pajama storytime, but I think tonight went really well overwell. However, I was a little shocked when, during the middle of Dinosaur Vs. Bedtime a little girl got up and asked her dad if they could go to Blockbuster to rent a movie, and he said yes, and they left. I mean I was roaring like crazy, kid!

Other than that, I was very surprised that the children were riveted by The Napping House, especially when everyone starts to wake up. Once the flea bit the mouse, I looked at a little boy, and he actually said with genuine excitement, "What's gonna happen next?" Loved it! Also, I was again surprised by the absolute focus and quiet while I read Goodnight Moon. Either they were sleepy or mesmerized by the book. I also read How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? and did the 5 little snowmen felt board story which was really fun. I had a decent turnout for a snowy night (11/7) and while the kids weren't super vocal, they were still interested.

No comments: