Ok, I'm being honest here. I do love media on demand for audio books. The selection is awesome (thanks to SH), and downloading the software was super easy. However, my experience with e-books has been dismal. During the training, it took forever to download the software so I never really learned how to do it properly. Consequently, the night while I was trying to download an e-book to my teen daughter's iPod so that she could listen to it while she fell asleep, was a disaster. Was it the software? Was it my ineptitude? iTunes/Apple's proprietary nonsense, or what??! Needless to say, I'm an e-book fail. I also don't like reading them on tiny screens. At all.
I do, however, really like the iPad and the dedicated readers, probably because they have bigger screens and seem more "book like". They all seem pretty much the same to me, although I wish they offered e-ink like the Kindle. Frugal me wants to ask which one is the cheapest?
As for databases, I agree with Rory about the American history videos. I got sucked into that one for quite a while just to browse around and I think kids might like some of it. Grolier's Online Passport had links to newspapers all over the world, which I think could be very useful for homework assignments. Mango is great for older kids and adults, but I still think the language learning materials we have down here are best for kids under the age of 9. I agree with everyone that Novelist is always full of good surprises, and World Book is a quick and easy go-to source. I still don't like InfoBits--it's way too outdated and lightweight but Lands and Peoples will be especially useful for the SRP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment