Wiki, wiki, wiki! See what I mean? Anyway, I enjoyed exploring the wiki but I'm still not sure when I would use a blog vs. a wiki. What do you think the pros and cons are of each in comparison with each other? A wiki seems like a google doc just with more widgets. I couldn't find Jenny's pet page for a while, so I'm not sure how to navigate very well. Still, I like the concept of a group created web site. Maybe our patrons could also contribute to the wiki we create? Most of the wikis I had seen before were boring, text-based documents and so I'm glad to see some color and photos on ours!
I agree that the library twitter account is going well, but personally, I just can't get into Twitter very much probably because I'm very long winded, and I don't like word counts! Also, I get confused about where the thread starts/ends sometimes. It's like having a conversation on a cell phone, on a train. In a tunnel. I do like facebook a lot and I agree with SH that OPPL could and should be doing a LOT more with it. It's important for us to remember that whereas the kids aren't on there (at least not until they turn 13), the parents are using facebook like crazy.
Good Reads is wonderful, and I love reading other people's reviews, but I am always feeling guilty about not keeping up with my own posts. I'm a lurker. I also don't buy that many new books any more now that I get everything so easily from the library, so while Library Thing is interesting, I wouldn't use it that much.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment